- In 1982, Metel Trading LLC was created as a subsidiary of Elcome International, Dubai. By 1986 it became an independent company co-owned by current partners, Saif Al Shafar and Gurjit Singh Grewal.
- “The name METEL, is an acronym for Mechanical Electrical and Telecommunications”
- In the initial years, we exclusively dealt with UAE Government departments, i.e. Etisalat, Dubai Municipality etc. We then broadened our focus towards the Souq. Starting with cables and eventually signed contracts with agencies for pumps and several other electrical items.
- In 1990 we collaborated with Markfed, a government federation in India for their Sohna brand, giving birth to the Food Division followed by a contract with Milkfed, for their brand Verka, shortly thereafter.
- MTL currently is increasing its product range in all divisions, branching out to more countries and building more partnerships around the globe.
- Qatar’s increase in growth as well as increase in demand for electro-mechanical products was the impetus behind the creation of Metel Engineering WLL in 2002.
- “It has evolved beyond expectations and made a reputation for itself in projects and installations.”
- It is now the seller of the entire range of products from MIL and MTL, including our range of food and telecommunication products.
- MEW has Civil Defense approval, and UL approved fire fighting pumpsets, improving the quality of products & services exponentially.
- Trading in pumps led us to open our own workshop in 1992 to look after the service & repairs of those pumps.
- “Increase in demand for assembly of fire fighting pumpsets created a new era for METEL and gave birth to Metel Industries LLC in 1995.”
- Our first product was the fire fighting pumpset, followed by fire cabinets for firefighting companies and finally Generator Sets, which completed our current portfolio.
- MIL is currently ISO certified, a NFPA member, and its products are Civil Defense approved.